The Blewbury Neighbourhood Plan launch event on 8 March 2014 was fantastically supported, with over 240 people attending the afternoon or evening sessions. We have now had a chance to analyse the feedback from the launch event. A full compilation of the comments collected may be found here (pdf).
We gathered further feedback at the Green May Fair on 10 May. In early autumn we will be doing a survey covering every household in the village.
Summarised briefly, and in no particular order:
- We greatly value the sense of community in our village.
- We appreciate the wide variety of people from a wide range of socio-demographic backgrounds living here, and we want to maintain this diversity.
- Our community identity is influenced by size and shape of the village.
- A number of frustrations also came to light, including transport, parking and particularly drainage.
- There are divergent views on best types of sites for new development – ranging from the edge of village to in-fill sites.
- We appreciate and want to preserve our remaining village shops, and potentially make more out of some of these locations.
- We love our footpaths!
- There are two camps in the street lights debate, with the majority wanting to remain in the dark!
- We want to provide more housing suitable for the elderly within the village.
Please make sure you have your say – whether in the household survey, or at any time via the Your Comments section of the website.